Unveiling of the Cross


Students with new cross at Holy Name, ReservoirThe community at Holy Name School, Reservoir, came together to celebrate and acknowledge the Sisters of the Good Samaritan who established the school in 1939.

They were fortunate to have three ‘Good Sams’ attend the celebration which involved unveiling a spectacular cross adorned with magnificent mosaic tiles created by the students. Representatives from other Good Samaritan schools were also present, planting ceremonial roses in the garden bed surrounding the cross.

The event also acknowledged Parish Priest, Father Peter O’Rourke, who has served the parish since the year 2000 and will be retiring next year. The occasion showed the community in action with involvement from all year levels and attendance by families and our elderly parish members.

The excitement of our students and sense of community quickly outshone the cloudy morning which was a memorable highlight in the school year. The cross will remain a colourful feature and reminder of the school’s history for many years to come.